Al fin me llegó la confirmación para participar en el Maratón de New York de este año, el derecho me nació por haber participado durante tres años seguidos en el sistema de lotería y no haber quedado, a continuación comparto con ustedes el email de confirmación y las diferentes modalidades que existen para aplicar al maratón.
Good Afternoon Ramon
Congratulation you have guarantee entry into the 2010 ING New York City Marathon because you have been denied three consecutive years. While attempting to ACCEPT/CONFIRM your application, the credit card transaction failed for $ for card ending in 1232. Have you changed your credit card information since you applied? You can email back with the new cc info (including the expiration date/ cvv / security code) or call and leave it on 212.423.2213 and I’ll update your file.
When will the application be available?
The online application for the ING New York City Marathon 2010 is available now. [Apply Now]
Who can apply?
Anyone who will be 18 or older on Sunday, November 7, 2010, may apply for entry.* Only one application per person. Any fees processed due to individuals submitting duplicate applications are non-refundable.
Please note: Handcycle applications will only be accepted from persons who have been active bona fide members of Achilles International since July 1, 2009.
*Guaranteed entry applications will be accepted beginning on January 25, 2010.
Lottery applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on March 15, 2010.
NYRR will hold the lottery drawing for all applicants in late-March.
Most international entrants come through our Official International Travel Partners [ITP], so only a portion (including athletes with disabilities) will be selected through the lottery drawing.
Guaranteed Entry Options
Guaranteed entry applications will be accepted from January 25, 2010 at noon until March 15, 2010 at 11:59 p.m.
The following groups are eligible for guaranteed entry to the ING New York City Marathon 2010:
- Members of New York Road Runners since January 31, 2009, who completed at least nine NYRR-scored, qualifying races, and who have volunteered for one event, during the calendar year 2009. NYRR members can check their member history by clicking here. Handcyclists seeking entry under this provision must also be active bona fide members of Achilles International since July 1, 2009.
- Entrants in the ING New York City Marathon 2009 who canceled prior to the race. Athletes with disabilities seeking entry under this provision must have been accepted in the 2009 marathon through a lottery.
- Those who have completed 15 or more New York City Marathons.
- Those who have applied but been denied entry for the last three years in a row (2007, 2008, and 2009), and who did not secure an entry through alternative methods in those years.
If you meet the above requirements, special instructions will be sent in January. If you don't receive the instructions by the end of January, apply with the application after January 25, 2010. After you apply, send an e-mail to email@example.com with a short note mentioning which of the 4 above guaranteed entry options qualify you for guaranteed entry.
- Runners who meet the following qualifying time standards* in a race whose results can be certified online:
* All times must be run at, or faster than, the posted time. Times achieved outside of NYRR races must be verifiable online.
** Your age on the day of the qualifying race.
You must have met the appropriate qualifying time between January 1, 2009 and January 31, 2010 (2010 NYC Half-Marathon and Boston Marathon 2010 times will also be accepted). Include the race name and date with your application.